7 Practical Ways To Increase Your Emotional Intelligence And Mental Dexterity
For these couple of weeks, I’ve been working on a number of courses that are coming up for the year. A significant time was also spent on customizing them to fit into clients’ demands. In addition, the training and coaching sessions have also be rather packed. A very fruitful start for this New Year indeed.
The past 3 days were spent conducting the highly intensive training on “Emotional Intelligence at Work”. As the training is customized for a major government institution, I highlighted specific examples where the participants could display Emotional Intelligence (EI) for themselves as well as in their daily dealings with their bosses, colleagues and customers (BCC). Through the sharing and discussions, I was extremely pleased to know that the participants found even more ways to apply emotional intelligence beyond what was taught. Now that’s empowerment for them!
Leading on, here are some of the practical things you can do to raise your Emotional Intelligence as well as the agility of your mind:
1. Appreciating others for the effort done in the projects, irregardless of the extend of the success.
2. Have daily greetings to your fellow colleagues, and mean what you say.
3. Think positively empowering thoughts and be solution-oriented to maintain your mental health.
4. Harness the quick learning from every task for future improvements.
5. Reflect on your own behavior and the outcome of your action.
6. Work on mending the differences with others instead of harboring animosity.
7. Give yourself a reason to arrive at work with enthusiastic energy each day.