How To Apply Emotional Intelligence At Your Workplace?
Many trainings, coachings and meetings have taken place over the past few weeks. They come in at a faster pace than I can write about them. Fully packed weeks I must say. In my deepest of heart, I consider it a bonus being able to reach out to so many people within these few short weeks. And these are definitely the perks of being a public speaker and trainer. The honor is definitely mine.
One of the most intensive trainings I’ve conducted just a week ago was “Emotional Intelligence at Work” for a major government institution. Real issues were presented to me and I took the time to address them, knowing how my comments would affect the participants’ career and lives.
As they shared and generated more interest in human behavior at the workplace, I was impressed by how they could react with the concepts taught. Talk about accelerated learning. After all, when you put in heart into what you are doing, you couldn’t wait to make it work. That was what I witnessed.
When it comes to the workplace, emotions can fly. More often than not, bosses judge the staffs while customers always have to the right to complaint. You can’t underestimate the power of emotion. They will simply overwhelm you when you’re not in-charge of yourself.
Here are some ways you can apply better emotional intelligence to your work:
1. Respect emotions, the power of emotions.
2. Understand your emotions do and will affect others at work.
3. Commit to looking at the useful and productive side of the tasks.
4. Check yourself if your responses and motivations are driven by purposeful emotions.
5. Create a list of emotions that you want to display at work.
6. Insist on making yourself a positive influence with your colleagues.
7. Let yourself immerse in the joy of creative juice with your tasks.