In the previous mid-week was another insightful training where I was training the government leaders on “Building Communities”. This allowed the leaders-managers to better implement policies, steps and strategies to bring about unity to the citizens, the public as well as their own workplace departments.
Men, being social creatures, do not operate alone. So long as they have to interact, communities and network will be formed. The evolvement of groups towards something useful and purposeful will thus always remain a major exercise for the leadership at hand.
Being a Sociology major, I was extremely pleased that my education and knowledge can be put to good use. We explored the key concepts in how human beings interact and the dynamics where social groupings are formed. My other major, Economics, contributed strongly to our analysis of the coming trends in Singapore and its living standards. Topping it off with a Psychological spin, we are off to a more positive direction in shaping our societies and lifestyles.
To make building your communities more relevant and accomplishable, consider the following essentials:
1. Decipher the local culture and its underlying meanings.
2. Predict the future trends for this community of yours.
3. Analyze the changes needed and the steps that must be taken.
4. Make sure these changes move in continuum with the receptivity of the social groups and trends evolvement.
5. Gauge the unity and happiness levels of its citizens.