Throughout the first few days of this week, I’ve been conducting the trainings for a few organizations and institutions. Coincidentally, they all happened to be networking related seminars. One was “Network And Communicate Your Way To Success”, while the other was “Network Your Way to Success”. However since the participants will be using these skills for different focuses, hence I customized the content to their relevance. After all, what use is a skill if it can’t be properly applied in the right context?
What was really fun about these trainings was that it involves plenty of interactions and practice. The participants also got into a glimpse of Human Behavioral Psychology, an exploration into how human beings act and react in social settings and encounters.
After all, we are all social creatures. None of us can avoid not being influenced by others. Hence networks are formed no matter you want or not. The key question is: how then do you network positively and with flair?
Here are some tips that will surely help you along in your interaction, making them suave and smooth:
1. Be willing to approach others to break the ice.
2. Be purposeful in your words and consider how your words affect others.
3. Be paying attention to what others are telling you.
4. Be tactful and diplomatic with your comments and replies.
5. Be in contact by following up with them.