You’ve been through this before. It was crunch time. Your future depended on it. Your happiness came down to this crucial moment. The turning point of your life beckoned. It’s make it or break it time, do or die…
Yet as you cleared your throat to speak, nothing came out. It’s not that you’ve lost your ability to articulate. But your mind just went blank. Nothing came out of your mouth. Try as you might, your brain simply refused to conjure up the next piece of sensible information. It went on strike, right on the dot.
And it couldn’t pick a better time; especially when you are attempting that 10-points examination question to graduate, bracing yourself for that love confession sentence which you’re dying to utter, and of course, the moments of awkward public speech silence. It was still on strike.
Yes, your brain left you to hang… high and dry.
And here’s why your precious brain decides to leave for a short tea-break or ‘vacation’ whenever you need it to report for work:
1. You don’t understand or know your own natural biorhythm. I call this your PPPs, “Peak Performance Period”.
2. You’ve yet to learn how to focus on what motivates. As a result you give in to distractions, internally and environmentally.
3. Your own physical body does not acquire the sufficient or suitable nutrition to keep your brain working healthily.
4. You don’t have the right motivation and driving desire to propel yourself.
5. The lack of energy and rest makes us too tired for intensive mental work.
6. You got overwhelmed by the tasks and challenges that face you. You felt too ‘microscopically and atomically small’ for such a gigantic glorious mission that might change the history of mankind and the surface of the earth.
7. Anxiety, worry, frustrations, fear took over your mind and imagination instead of you being relaxed. The stress you experienced made your mind went ‘blank’
8. It’s the result of poor thinking and working habits you’ve, intentionally or un-wittedly, adopted over the years.
9. You have yet to master your mind to a reasonable, applicable level. The techniques of mind mastery and brain power continue to lie undiscovered for you.
10. You’ve never “wanted it to work” in the first place. You saw the act as a need and as an obligation instead of an all-inspiring purpose. Hence it’s because of your attitude towards the work.