Two days ago, I wrapped up another session of the very rigorous “Effective Negotiation Skills” training. This training on Negotiation directly addresses the urgent needs of today’s working professionals regarding their personal lives and work careers. Checking on my schedule and bookings, there are already more runs of Negotiation training on the cards in the coming weeks.
It is often likely that the negotiation and the flow of communication will get tougher before it gets better. In this case, fret not. (You better fret not.)
Here are some of the ways to turn the tables in your favor:
1. Always remain steadfast whenever the situation gets tougher.
2. Clear your mind of negativity. You cannot afford to have these thoughts at all, certainly not at this moment.
3. Listen out for the incongruence in the other party’s communication. These provide clues to the ‘cracks’ on their stand.
4. Highlight to increase or decrease their values as your bargaining chips. The more of such ‘chips’ you have, the better your position is.
5. Get the firm assurance and commitment. A nodding of head will not suffice.